I always love making things easy for myself and everyone. We normally have a habit of digging a well when thirsty… Me, on weekends for example… I reach out to all possible sites to search for restaurant and the reviews weekends delicious. Thanks to Google and Justdial for making our lives so easy.
I owe a lot to one of my dear friends for his painstaking efforts and the time he put in compiling the list of famous eateries for me.
Finally here we are with 50 must eat delicacies in Mumbai.
Eat your way though Mumbai… at a glance!
1. Schezwan Crab, Fish Balti at Mahesh Lunch Home, Juhu
2. Berry Pulao and Caramel Custard at Britannia and Company Restaurant, Fort
3. Kheema Pao at Kayani & Co., Marine Lines
4. Mutton Dum Biryani at Zaffar Bhai’s Delhi Darbar, Mahim
5. Mutton Raan Masala at Zaffran
6. Shahi Paneer at Cream Center
7. Vada Pao outside Kirti College, Dadar and N.M College, Vile Parle
8. Fish Fry & Prawns Koliwada at Jai Jawan Foods, Khar
9. Dal Makhani at Preetam Da Dhaba
10. Butter Pepper Garlic Prawns at Gazalee
11. Baida Roti and Kebabs at Bade Miya
12. Biryani at Lucky Restaurant and Persian Darbar, Bandra
13. Fish Curry Rice at Leopold Cafe, Colaba
14. Bun Maska at Sassanian Bakey and Boulangerie, New Marine Lines
15. Mava Cake at Mervans Bakery, Andheri
16. Dal Makhani at Moti Mahal Reataurant, Bandra
17. Chilli Chicken at Gypsy Chinese, Shivaji Park, Dadar
18. Fish Tava Fry at Jai Hind Lunch Home, Dadar
19. Shwarma Roll at Maroosh, Carter Road, Bandra
20. Patrano Machchi at Britannia and Company Restaurant, Fort
21. Chicken Club Sandwich at Cafe Noorani, Haji Ali
22. Misal Pav at Dutta, old Pune Highway
23. Bharleli Vangi at Gypsy Snacks, Shivaji Park, Dadar
24. Bhurji Pao at Santacruz (E) highway.
25. Jaggery icecream at Bojohari Manna, Lokhandwala, Andheri
26. Veg Lunch at Govinda Restaurant, ISKON, Juhu
27. Maharashtrian snacks at Prakash, Dadar
28. Vodka Pani Puri at Pratap da Dhaba
29. Chilli icecream at Bachelorr’s, Charni Road
30. Misal Pav near Mamledar office, Thane
31. Filter Kaapi and Upma at Madras Cafe, Sion
32. Idlis at Idli house, Matunga (E)
33. Dal-phulka, Ganthiya Sabji, Masala Chaas in beer bottle at Bhagat Tarachand, CST
34. Dal Pakwan at Jhama Sweets, Chembur
35. Khichdi at Swati Snacks, Tardeo
36. Pav Bhaji at Sardar Pav Bhaji, Tardeo
37. Pancham Puri Wala near CST
38. Sizzlers at Kobe’s
39. Rustomjee’s Biscuit Icecream, Near Churchgate Station
40. Teesriya Sukha and Stuffed Pomfret at Sadiccha Restaurant, Bandra (E)
41. Sea food at Highway Gomantak, Bandra (E)
42. Falooda at Badshah Snacks, Crawford Market
43. Kakori kebabs at Kakori House, Saki Naka, Andheri (E)
44. Bakery items at Oven fresh, Shivaji Park, Dadar
45. Churma Papad at Bhagat Tarachand, Zaveri Bazaar
46. Rajasthani / Gujarati Thali at Golden Star Thali
47. Chat at Elco Market, Bandra
48. Dal Pakwaan at Vij, Chembur Camp
49. Chat at Bikaji, Malad Link Road
50. Stuffed crab at Goa Portuguesa, Mahim
Please feel free to suggest if you have some more in mind. I’ll try to add them here.
Warm welcome to BitesandPlaces!
My humble little blog has its own story to tell… my story… I’m gregarious being, vagabond at heart and have a monstrous appetite for food. I used to be a Human Resource professional until few years ago. To be among, with and for people was the reason I’d chosen this field.
Being in HR, I could only accomplish the ‘people’ part. I still yearned to be in those places I saw on TV and travel magazines and craved to eat all kinds of food that lulls you into coma. I didn’t want to be just a spectator anymore. I wanted to be in those pictures.
Luck smiled at me and I fell sick with an awful heart, lungs and liver disorder. Family said stay home. Rest.
Rest? Were they crazy? I grabbed this opportunity and quit my job; to pursue my passion – people, places and food.
Being on my own gave me lot of spare time for all the three.
I’m not a professional cook, but I’m mighty passionate about cooking. Although Indian, BitesandPlaces does not restrict itself to just the dishes of my country, which are toothsome beyond doubt. I’ve also tried to put together a bunch of mouth-watering and eye-pleasing recipes scattered from all parts the world. A lot of them are a tribute to my mum’s kitchen, the ones I grew up with. Few of them are a result of my experimentation and few others, borrowed from my generous friends 🙂
I religiously follow Andrew Zimmern’s favorite quote – what looks good to your eyes, EAT IT!! After all food is something that follows no boundaries, isn’t it.
Travel, I believe, is about exploring new places, meeting new people, building new relations, soaking in their culture, gorging on their cuisines, discovering their stories and of course, capturing all of these in my teeny-tiny camera.
After having been there and done that, I was inspired to share my travelogues with you, encourage you to travel and in some way find a bit of your happiness through me.
Thus BitesandPlaces was born!
Life’s a journey and people, places and food are all a part of it. So, come along with me and eat your way through this journey called Life…
I like staying connected. And it’ll be a frosting on my cake if you drop a line or two at email@example.com.