I was at my sluggish best today. To top it up, my cook didn’t turn up and I knew I had to don her hat. Not in the mood to cook a detailed meal, I wanted to make something super-quick, easy without compromising on the taste.
Need is the mother of all inventions! My Alfredo Maggie recipe was born out of one such needs… to make a quick yet delectable lunch.
First morsel in his mouth and my husband exclaimed, “Its about time, you start a setup of your own!”
Maggie – 3 packets (Masala or Chicken flavour)
Garlic – finely chopped 2 tbsps. I love a lot of garlic so I add 4-5 tbsps of it
Butter – 2 heaped tbsps
Flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – 4 cups or more if you want a runny consistency
Cream cheese / cheese spread – 3 tbsps (any flavour. I used the pepper one)
Oregano – 1/2 tsp for seasoning
Black pepper – a pinch for seasoning
Salt – as per taste
1. Cook Maggie as per the instructions on the packet and keep it aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add a tsp of oil. It prevents butter from burning.
3. Add the chopped garlic and stir till it releases the aroma.
4. Add flour and stir.
5. Add the cream cheese and stir till it melts and is mixed properly.
6. Now add milk and keep stirring till it thickens a bit. Simmer while you keep stirring for a longer time if you want the sauce really thick.
7. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
8. Now tumble in the cooked Maggie and mix lightly with a fork without hurting and mashing it up.
9. Serve it with a sunny-side up egg as I did or any accompaniment you wish and dig in.
Great for both, vegans as well as the non-vegs, this creamy delight sure is a gastronomic infatuation! 🙂