Lime juice and lemon soda with loads of ice have always been my summer buddies. I do experiment with them, but the options are limited. No wonder, I have the gorgeous sunny lemons sitting in my fridge at all times. But only until I found this wonderful recipe on the net.
I couldn’t wait to try out this version of watermelon with a dash of fresh, aromatic and cooling mint to it.
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
Serves: 20 glasses
Water – 12 cups
Lemon juice – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 1/2 cup or as per taste
Watermelon – 1 small or 1/2 large. Seeded and chopped
Fresh mint leaves – 15
Jalapeno – 1, seeded and chopped (Recipe says Jalapeno. I couldn’t find one. I used Chilly – half. Seeded and chopped)
1. Combine water,mint, jalapeno/chilly, sugar, watermelon, lemon juice and blend to a puree. The ingredients are quiet a quantity, so blend in batches.
2. Let the puree stand for 10 mins for the flavors to seep in. (I’m too impatient, so I usually give this step a miss 🙂 )
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
4. Leave it in the fridge for a while and for that extra cooling.
5. While serving, toss some ice cubes in the serving glass and pour the lemonade over. I love the way the cubes start to float in that bright scarlet liquid.
Beat the summer heat with this super-refreshing cooler.