This was the first time I experimented with cupcakes. Call it beginner’s luck or blame it on the simple recipe, but they were awesome. One of my friends had shared it with me ages ago. All I needed were the cases, which I now finally have 😛 . Believe me you, they were shamelessly easy, menacingly gorgeous and outrageously flavorful. Flew off the plate within seconds.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Servings: 12 cupcakes
125 g self-raising flour
125 g caster sugar
125 g soft unsalted butter
2 large eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsps milk
Chocolate chips to sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and line the tin with muffin cases
2. If you have a food processor, you can just tip in all the ingredients and blitz them all together till smooth. Later add milk to get a dropping consistency.
3. Second option is – in a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then spoon in the flour little at a time and fold.
4. Then add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to get the dropping consistency as before.
5. Spoon the mixture in the 12 cases, trying to fill each case equally with your own judgement.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the surface of the batter.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until these little cuties are cooked and golden on top.
8. When done, take the cases out and leave them on a wire rack to cool
P.S.: If you have a bigger crowd to serve, double the quantity of each ingredient.
I slipped a piece of dark chocolate in the center of the mixture before baking. So the end result was a molten chocolate lava in every bite.
Also, I sprinkled choco chips on the top. You can play around with colorful icing.
Whether it’s about glorifying your party or a humble companion to coffee, these little beauties are sure to get your taste-buds sing a happy tune 🙂