More than I love eating muffins, I love making them. Reason – they are the fruits of, well, totally no labor 😛
My Banana Chocochip muffins are notoriously dark, incredibly moist and ridiculously yum. Love the way the dark shiny inside peeks from the crevices. Banana gives that needed moistness and extra flavor, while the choc-chips just melt in your mouth with every bite.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 – 20 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
3 ripe or overripe bananas
100 gms chocolate chips. Add more if you wish.
2 large or 3 small eggs
125 ml vegetable oil
100 gms granulated or castor sugar
225 gms plain flour
3 tbsps cocoa powder. sifted
1 tbsp soda bicarb
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line the muffin tin with cases. (Bake in 2 batches if you have a 6 case tin)
2. Mash the bananas by hand. I leave little lumps. You’ll feel the difference when you eat them.
3. Add the oil.
4. Add the eggs and sugar and mix.
5. In a seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, soda bicarb.
6. Now add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture.
7. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin cases.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till they rise out of their cases and the surface looks cracked.
9. Let them sit in the tin for few minutes before resting them on to the wire rack to cool.