I love potatoes cooked in every form, in every meal of the day. Baked, mashed, fried or roasted… potato is an all time comfort and staple food.
Did you know, potatoes have these compounds called kukoamines which are known to lower blood pressure?
This recipe is absolutely no work and whole lot of fun. Fun to make, fun to eat. Ensure you cook lot of it, as its just gonna fly straight off the pan within seconds.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 kg Russet Potatoes. Well, that’s a jazzy name for our noble potatoes 🙂
5 – 6 cloves of garlic, skin on
Big knob of Butter
3 tbsps Olive oil / any vegetable oil
1 tsp dried Oregano
A sprig of Rosemary
A tsp of Lemon Zest
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1. Cut potatoes in quarters or medium size cubes, skin on.
2. Boil them till done.
3. Drain in a colander and leave aside till the steam evaporates completely. Any steam left in them will make the spuds go soggy.
We want a soft inside and crispy outside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and pop in the potatoes.
5. Toss the garlic cloves in.
6. Sprinkle oregano, salt, pepper, sprig of rosemary and lemon zest.
7. Cube the butter and leave the cubes around the pan so all the potatoes are covered. Butter not only enhances the flavor of the dish, but also gives certain glaze to it.
8. This recipe needs more tossing than stirring. Prevents any physical damage to the cubes 🙂
Cook till the spuds are crispy and done.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander, a generous squeeze of lime and serve hot with ketchup.
P.S.: Don’t be wary of the garlic and chuck it. It tastes sweet, creamy and equally great 🙂