A fuss-free start to a fuss-free day! That’s a catchy one :).
My fluffy Apple Pancakes are just what you need to kick off your day. Mighty easy, super yummy and with a sprinkle of health. Have them with your cuppa and you’re good to go.
One is the rule of thumb here. All you need, is a cup. Yes, a cup or…even a mug 🙂
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 (depending on the size of pancakes)
One cup plain flour
One cup milk
One egg, big size
One tsp sugar (optional)
One pinch salt
Butter for frying
1. Heat up a fry pan.
2. In a big size bowl, whisk together flour, milk, egg and salt.
3. Grate apple, tip it in the above mixture and combine.
4. Add butter to the pan and spoon the batter making pancakes of desired size and thickness. Keep the heat on medium.
5. If you have a larger pan, you can ladle in two to three at a time.
6. Fry for couple of minutes or until bubbles start to appear on the top; then flip them over and cook the other side.
7. Keep going until all the batter is used up.
8. Serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar and a generous drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
P.S.: 1. In place of apple, you can also use grated pear, blueberries or chopped strawberries.
2. Top them up with a dollop of curd or vanilla ice cream.
3. You can use sliced bananas, strawberries or fruits of your choice as sides.
4. Since there is no sugar added, you can make sweet or savory pancakes.
5. If the batter is extra, pack it up in an airtight container and leave it in the fridge for frying later. It stays for 1-2 days.
Have a nice day 🙂