This traditional and rustic Spanish dish is unimaginably simple with just five ingredients that peep from your shelf all the time. These are those humble ones that lend a hearty goodness, savory flavor and style to the otherwise basic omelette.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
2 medium size potatoes – peeled or skin on, as you wish
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
Black pepper, a pinch, coarsely ground
Salt to taste
Oil for frying – Olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Cut potatoes into thick slices.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
3. Add the potatoes and onions and fry gently, partially covered, stirring occasionally until softened. Do not overcook the potatoes.
4. Strain the potatoes and onions into a large bowl.
5. Set the strained oil aside. It will be used for frying the omelette.
6. Meanwhile, beat eggs together with salt and pepper.
7. Pour the beaten eggs into the bowl of fried potatoes and onions and stir gently to combine. 8. Pour this mixture into the large frying pan.
9. When the surface looks cooked, loosen the bottom of the omelette with a spatula.
10. Invert a large plate over the pan and carefully turn the omelette out onto it. Slide the omelette back into the pan with the uncooked side down.
11. Cook until the eggs are set. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
Buen Dia! 🙂