This is the best Banana Bread recipe ever. Period. It’s kind of a Grandma’s recipe… vintage and long-standing. Its old-school simplicity is overwhelming and so is its super-soft texture and mind-blowing flavor.
When I baked it for the first time, I did it with white sugar. The second time, I used the light brown one. With both, results were amazing. Believe me, you’ll never go wrong with it. Try once and you will be baking it again and again, I promise.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
4 medium sized, very ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Sugar (white or brown). Adjust according to your desired sweetness.
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
11/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Grease and flour a loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Squidge the bananas with a masher. I prefer doing it with hand and leave little chunks, instead of making a paste. You feel them in your bites when you chomp on.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add the beaten eggs and crushed bananas.
5. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture.
6. Add vanilla, sprinkle the cinnamon powder and fold gently.
7. Tip the mixture in the loaf tin and bake for 50 mins or till done.
8. Enjoy as a tea-time cake or whenever you are in the mood for a dessert.
You can toss in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want, or put the batter into muffin tins and make muffins instead.