This cake is incredibly easy to make, no matter how stressed out you are. It has been my all-time favourite – a tea-time companion or a post-meal delight. It has been in most demand among my friends and family. It is aromatic, soft and moist. This is the easiest cake I know. So buckle up and get baking!
Castor sugar – 230 gms
Self raising flour – 110 gms
Firmly packed and grated mawa – 110 gms. Can increase mawa to 200 gm
Butter – 150 gms
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Rose essence – 5-6 drops
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Butter and line a 21cm / 8 inch springform tin
2. Mix mawa, flour and baking powder together
3. Beat the butter until fluffy
4. Add sugar and essence and beat
5. Add eggs one at a time and beat for 30 secs after adding every egg
6. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Do not beat the mixture else the cake will harden. The mixture should be of a dropping consistency
7. Bake at 190ºC for 20 minutes. Check by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Else leave it for few more minutes
8. Take the cake out of the oven and leave it on a wire rack for 30 mins to cool
P.S.: You can sprinkle cashews on the top of the mixture before putting it in the oven, just to add a bit of crunch to it.
You can also make 20 cupcakes out of this mixture.